Thursday, February 23, 2012

Delaney in the City

Delaney & I ventured into San Francisco for our first girls outing.  We had a blast and Delaney was such a trooper.

We spent a few hours with our dear friend Carly.  Laney loved cuddling with Carly and was alert during our entire time with her.  They locked eyes and were instant friends.  I know the feeling because this is how Carly & I became friends in college 12 years ago!  Carly is such a natural with Delaney - I think we have a babysitter on our hands.  Laney also had her first taste of my go-to Thai food restaurant in SF, Tuk Tuk Thai in North Beach (green curry, standard order!).  We are so grateful for the time that we were able to spend with Carly.  C-Thank you for being so wonderful to my little girl!

After our time with Carly, we headed to my monthly book club.  A group of us started book club 4 years ago!!  I wasn't sure how long we would last since Delaney goes to sleep pretty early (so do I if I'm really being honest).  In true Laney style, she was a rockstar and made it through the entire book club.  She snuggled with Becky, Amy and Chelsea and loves them all already.  I think my favorite part of the night was when we were going over books choices for this month and Amy realized that she hadn't heard a word because she was just starting at Delaney.  Amy-I know exactly how you feel and many days pass by with me doing just that!  Thank you to all of the book clubbers for making Delaney feel so welcome.  It was such a special, and much needed girls night indeed!

We are looking forward to many more trips to San Francisco throughout Delaney's life.  I am so excited for her to see how special the city is and how important the people that live in the city are to me and to our family.

L cannot get enough of C!  Giving her the "great stare."

See...she literally couldn't take her eyes off of Carly!

Delaney passed out on Amy!

Some of the fab book clubbers + Laney baby

2 comments:

  1. This will be the first of many "girl's nights" with your little lady! I am sure of it!

    Love you both!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete