As kids my parents would warn my siblings and I, "be nice to one another. Your friends will come and go, but your family will be there for you forever." I didn't know then how right they were. My closest friends are my brothers, sisters, and cousins. The same is true for Shanna, which is what made today so special.
While playing with her cousin Hadley, Delaney received a package. We opened it to find the most beautiful quilt made for her by my cousin Erin. Erin, whose just a year older than I, now lives in Colorado with her family. As children, our parents kept us close and made sure that we spent lots of time together. While we don't see each other nearly as often as we'd like, our bond is such that Erin thought to send such a precious gift to our most treasured little girl. Thank you Erin.
And so, Hadley and Delaney begin building a bond. If the teenage years turnout anything like they are in my nightmares, I will summon the wisdom of my parents and work to pass on the value of family. Until then, we'll let friends be friends.
While playing with her cousin Hadley, Delaney received a package. We opened it to find the most beautiful quilt made for her by my cousin Erin. Erin, whose just a year older than I, now lives in Colorado with her family. As children, our parents kept us close and made sure that we spent lots of time together. While we don't see each other nearly as often as we'd like, our bond is such that Erin thought to send such a precious gift to our most treasured little girl. Thank you Erin.
And so, Hadley and Delaney begin building a bond. If the teenage years turnout anything like they are in my nightmares, I will summon the wisdom of my parents and work to pass on the value of family. Until then, we'll let friends be friends.
| Laney (4 weeks), Hadley (4 months), and the new quilt. |
No comments:
Post a Comment